Monday, August 23, 2010

India day 1

Hello Dear Ones,

As I write there is Indian music/chanting and fireworks happening in the background from a festival in the village next to Auroville.  After about 36 hrs of traveling I arrived at the Afsanah guest house in Auroville and slept for quite some time.  The smells hit you as soon as you step out of the airport. Nothing nasty, just different. It was a 2 1/2 hour ride of "playing chicken" on the road to Auroville.  The passing of cars on St John is tame compared to the roads of India.  Dodging people, bikes, cars, rickshaws, motorcyles, cows, bird, dogs oh my.  I felt confident with our driver, Vanu or I was just delirious from all the traveling that it did not bother me at all.  Our guest house is in a remote area out in the forest/jungle.  Surrounding by bamboo forests.  Karen and I have ayurvedic massages booked for Wednesday. I met Judit's friend, Isha today. She is lovely and has invited us as her guest to the Matrimandir Chamber tomorrow to meditate.  Outside guests are not allowed in the inner chamber, but she works within Auroville somewhere that she can get permission to bring us with her.  This is very exciting to be invited to what they call "the heart" of Auroville.  We took a wonderful walk around our area today, mostly forest and we came across a hut where some locals were making leather purses.  I am going to sign off at that.....I am fading fast still jetlagged.  I have only been here for 1 day.....but I love it so far!! The people and surroundings are beautiful and kind.  Sending love and blessings......
many, many blessings are felt that I am able to be here right now!  As some of you know, I received bad news the moment I left st john that my dear friend Sandie past on Friday morning from homorraging dengay. This was sudden and shocking.  I cried almost the whole plane ride here.  Life is here and now!!!  What an opportunity I am having by being able to be here right now!!  Many, Many, Many blessings to you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment